Ground high quality meat with lots of chopped fresh veggies makes a light and delicious filling for these lettuce cups. They taste great hot or cold.
Total Time: 19 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 9 min.
Yield: 8 servings, 2 wraps each
1 tsp. coconut oil
1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey breast (or grass fed beef or bison), I like to use whole chicken breast and dice them
½ medium red onion, chopped
½ medium red or green bell pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 green onion, chopped
⅔ cup chopped water chestnuts
1 Tbsp. coconut aminos
1 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1 large head of lettuce (like red leaf, romaine, or bibb), separated into leaves
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add ground meat, onion, and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through and onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic, green onion, water chestnuts, soy sauce (or coconut aminos), and vinegar; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Add cilantro; mix well. Remove from heat.
5. Evenly spoon mixture onto lettuce leaves; wrap the leaves around mixture, and eat!