Veggie Hash with Smoked Paprika
I eat a lot of veggies and I try hard to come up with different recipes so I don’t get burned out on vegetables. I am currently doing a round of Whole30 so I am very limited to the things I can use to create new recipes. But one spice that is Whole30 approved and is one of my absolute favorites is smoked paprika. I put such an awesome layer of yum to this dish. Spices are the key to not getting bored with your food. Next time you are at the grocery, spend a little time in the spice aisle and pick out a new one and then go home a create something fabulous.
- Sweet potato
- Yellow Squash
- Garlic powder
- Himalayan Salt
- Smoked paprika
- Coconut oil
- Peel and dice sweet potato
- Cut zucchini and yellow squash in quarters. Then trim off the fleshy part (hold a spear vertically and cut off the edge that has the seeds, this will prevent the squash from getting "mushy" during sauteing) to keep the veggie nice and crisp during sauteing.
- Cut squash into small pieces. I halved the quarters once I had removed the fleshy meat from the inside.
- Heat coconut oil on med high and add sweet potato. Since it will take longer to cook the potato you will want to give it more time in the skillet. Once your fork goes into the potato without too much resistance add the squash and stir in garlic powder. Saute only until squash has soften. The squash will cook quickly and will go from firm to soft in a matter of moments so be sure and continue to stir and check.
- Removed from heat.
- Place in a bowl to cool and stir in add smoked paprika and salt to taste.