The Skinny Buffalo
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4-1/2 cup cider vinegar (I like Braggs)
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- 1-2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tbsp chipotle chili pepper
- 1-2 tbsp smoked paprika
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Dried oregano
- Granulated garlic powder
- Ground Cumin
- Chili Powder
- Crushed red pepper flakes (be careful not to go overboard if you don’t like very spicy food)
- *Raw cashews – handful (optional)
- *Grass fed butter – 1 1/2 tsp or EVOO (optional)
1. Cut the chicken lengthwise into medium sized pieces. If the breasts are large cut the strips in half.
2. In a rectangular dish add the vinegar, water, cayenne pepper, chipotle chili pepper and smoked paprika. mix well and add chicken strips. You decide how much spicy you want by the amount of each spice you add to the marinade.
3. Place in the refrigerator for about 30-60 minutes, the longer it sets in the marinade the more flavor the chicken will have.
4. Preheat oven to 350F.
5. Place the strips on a large baking sheet with sides. Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle the other seasonings liberally over the chicken pieces. Be sure to coat both side with the seasonings.
6. Depending on the thickness of the chicken bake for about 20-25 minutes or until done.
7. *Melt butter or heat EVOO in a skillet. Add oven baked chicken strips and cook until crispy on the outside. Add raw cashews while strips are crisping up.