Power Oatmeal Pancakes
• 2½ cups / 600 ml dry rolled oats
• 6 egg whites
• 1 cup / 240 ml low-fat milk of your choice
• 1 Tbsp / 15 ml ground flaxseed
• 1 Tbsp / 15 ml safflower oil
• 1 tsp / 5 ml baking powder
• 1 tsp / 5ml vanilla
• 1 tsp / 5ml cinnamon
• frozen fruit for compote
• 1 cup water
• 1 tbsp raw honey
• Cooking spray
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend the mixture for 20 seconds. The resulting mixture should be smooth.
- Take frozen fruit blend and add to about 1 cup of water and allow water to cook fruit for about 20 minutes. Once the fruit is soft add the honey and allow the compote to cook down to a thick consistency.
- Spray a griddle or skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of pancake mixture on the hot surface. Cook until the pancakes are dry and bubbly on the edges. Bubbles should appear on top, as well. Turn and brown the other side.