Sweet Potato Egg cups
I need a quick and easy breakfast most mornings. A grab and go as I head out the door. These little sweet potato cups are perfect. Since I have been on the #Whole30 there is absolutely no sugar in my eating plan. So the sweet potatoes make a perfect addition to my meal plans to give me a little something sweet.
- Eggs (as many as you want to prepare)
- Golden Yellow cherry tomatoes, (like Galina) (at least one for each egg)
- Sweet Potato (1-2)
- Green onions (1/4 of an onion for each egg)
- Olive Oil (for spritzing muffin tin)
- Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spritz muffin tin with olive oil.
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice potatoes very thin to line the bottom of the muffin pan.
- Put 2-3 slice of sweet potato into each muffin cup.
- Cook sweet potatoes for about 3-5 minutes. You just want the potatoes to be soft enough to be pliable so that you can shape them a little easier in the muffin tin. Don't leave this step off because the sweet potato will take a lot longer to cook than the egg so you want to precook the sweet potatoes prior to cracking the eggs into the cups.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, slice the tomatoes in half.
- Once the sweet potatoes are softer then you can arrange them in the cups to cover the bottom, like a liner.
- Crack an egg into each potato lined cup, leaving the yolk whole.
- Add two halves of tomato to each cup, sprinkle with green onions, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes. It truly all depends on how you want your eggs cooked.