Sunny Side Up with Tomato Wine Sauce
This sunny side up egg with tomato wine sauce was created because I had nothing in the house to eat. It was a total throw something together and it turned out amazing.
Author: Renee Arnott
Recipe type: Brunch
- 4 Eggs, free range
- Tomatoes, grape or similar
- Artichokes (whole, canned)
- 4 Green Onions (use the whole onion)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 5-6 Bacon Pieces (thick slice)
- Bacon fat
- White Wine (about ¼ cup)
- Cook bacon and leave bacon fat in skillet.
- While bacon is cooking, chop the artichoke hearts and cut the green onions in 1-2 inch strips.
- When bacon is cooked to your desired texture put the whole grape tomatoes in the pan. Lower the heat on the pan to med so that the tomatoes have time to cook without burning. If needed, add more bacon fat to the pan. Allow the tomatoes to become browned but be sure to stir frequently.
- When skins start to appear loose on the tomatoes (they will begin to swell a little) it's time to add the artichoke hearts. Once the mixture has sautéed for about 4 minutes add the green onions and sauté for approximately 1 minute and then add wine. Allow the alcohol to cook off and then remove from heat. Put the sautéed veggies into a bowl to use the skillet to cook your eggs.
- Add a little water to the skillet and return to the heat. You will want to increase the heat to med/high so that the water gets a little simmer going. Crack the eggs directly in the water and put a lid (glass is best so that you can see the eggs) on the skillet. Once the eggs start to set, this won't talk long, remove the skillet from the heat. The longer you allow the eggs to steam obviously the more over easy they become. Cook to your desired temperature.
- Remove eggs careful and plate them. Cover the eggs with the sautéed veggies and serve.