Spinach Omelet with Gouda
Try something a little different with this spinach and corn omelet sprinkled with flavorful smoked gouda cheese.
Total Time: 20 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Yield: 1 serving
3 large egg whites
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1 tsp. olive oil
2 cups fresh spinach
½ cup sweet white corn kernels
½ oz. shredded smoked gouda cheese (2 Tbsp.)
1. Place egg whites in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired; whisk to blend. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add spinach; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until wilted.
4. Add corn; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until warm. Remove from pan. Keep warm.
5. Heat skillet over medium-low heat. Add egg whites. Do not stir. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
6. When eggs are almost set add spinach mixture and cheese. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through. Gently fold in half.
recipe & photo: Team Beachbody Blog