This recipe is so simple but so amazing. Last year when I did the Ultimate Reset this was one of the recipes I gravitated towards after the reset was over. I believe think that I had ever had roasted beets (just the pickled kind on a salad bar hahaha) before the reset, but I have had them many times since! I have come to the conclusion that you can roast almost any veggie and it will taste amazing.
Roasted Root Medley
- ¼ medium yam, cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ medium carrot, cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ medium beet, cut into 1-inch chunks
- ¼ medium onion, peeled, cut into large wedges
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt (to taste; optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine yam, carrot, beet, onion, and oil, plus salt (if desired), in bowl or dish; mix well.
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, turning once or twice, or until tender.